Friday, June 27, 2008

One Small Step For Man... One Giant Leap For Freedom Of Speech!!

I couldn't be more thrilled about the fact that satellite radio is not governed by the FCC. In my vocabulary, FCC stands for the Failure to Communicate Commission. The FCC filters out so much cool stuff that terrestrial radio has become extremely boring, tasteless, and watered down. That's exactly why I don't listen to terrestrial radio. Terrestrial radio only plays pop music from MTV, or stuffy old classical music. Other than the occasional good jazz composition, terrestrial radio has nothing to offer me. If I want to hear the music that I really listen to, I have to listen to satellite radio because only satellite radio will play it. So if it wasn't for satellite radio and the fact that it's not governed by the FCC, I wouldn't be able to hear my favorite bands on the radio.

I pray the FCC never gains control of satellite radio, that would be a truly sad day for people who enjoy real music, and real radio content. Being a musician myself, I strongly believe that music needs to have an uncensored medium because the majority of music that has been produced in the world, doesn't conform to FCC regulations. Underground music needs to have a medium where it can be broadcast in a mass media format because there is a large market out there for it. Not in the sense that there is money to be made, although there is. But in the sense that people who produce underground music, and the people who listen to underground music need to have a mass media outlet for it so they can enjoy it, and promote it.


http://www.sirius.com/

1 comment:

Lilly Buchwitz said...

Does the FCC really "filter" radio? Do you think they are responsible for the dull radio programming?