Friday, June 27, 2008

A Siriusly Sound Subscription

In my opinion, satellite radio is absolutely worth paying for. The main reasons are because satellite radio plays the music I want to hear, and terrestrial radio doesn't. And because satellite radio is commercial free. Terrestrial radio is free but it doesn't play the music I want to hear, and it's littered with annoying commercial advertising. So it's a trade off, but one that's well worth it for me. Satellite radio should charge people because it's providing a service that terrestrial radio doesn't provide. Plus you can listen to satellite radio for free on the Internet so it's really not that bad, nor is it that expensive if you do pay for it.

I like the current radioscape and I hope it remains the way it is. I don't see very much change occurring in the next ten years, and that's a good thing because I like things the way they are. I'm a musician and if music is my bread and butter, then satellite radio is the oven and the churn. You might have to pay for satellite radio, but look at the bright side. Thanks to the Internet and the advent of peer to peer file sharing programs and bit torrents, we don't have to buy music anymore. We can just download songs and even entire albums for free. However, whether we should or shouldn't pirate music is another matter, and another blog post.


http://www.xmradio.com/

1 comment:

Lilly Buchwitz said...

Good, but you still need to figure out how to incorporate links into your text.