Thursday, July 10, 2008

Millennial Tension (Generation Next)

I just watched the 60 minutes video about Millenials. I consider myself a Millennial because I fit many of the criteria. I was born in 1980. I only take "yes" for an answer, and I'm tech savvy, despite the fact that I'm still unable to get links to work in my blogs.

It seems like my generation has the most negative attributes associated with it, compared to any other generation. They call us immature, narcissistic, dependant on our parents, bossy, rude. Although, I guess every new generation is looked upon that way to some extent by the previous generations. Either way, I'm proud of these stereotypes and characteristics. Why? Because we have the power, and that's what matters. They need us more than we need them, and if not, screw them anyway. We will find other ways of making money using the Internet, our computers, our cell phones, our PDAs, and yes, even our iPods.

There is always tension between generations, but in the end we all learn to adapt and live with each other. Right now they have to adapt to us, but remember that life comes full circle. One day, we're going to have to adapt to the next generation as well, and we'll probably say similar things about them.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y

No comments: